El Mirador Helicopter tour is the best seller in our helicopter adventures in Guatemala. This helicopter trip delivers spectacular aerial sights of the lake Peten Itza, the island of Flores, El Mirador archaeological site, as well as the exotic Maya jungle.
Also, travelers will experience a landing within the lost city of El Mirador along with a guided tour of the famous Maya site. On arrival, our visitors will have time to explore the awe-inspiring magnificence which is El Mirador.
El Mirador Helicopter Tour
US$. 460.00 P/P
El Mirador Heli-tour is an exceptional adventure that will transfer across the fantastic and millenarian Mayan rainforest looking for the lost city of El Mirador, a natural wonder proposed as a UNESCO cultural and natural heritage site, on the basis of its exuberant jungle and the variety of wildlife that inhabit as well as the archeological value of the most significant city of the Mayan world.
Our knowledgeable tour guide will take us on a journey through history visiting El Tigre complex, Los Monos Group, The Jaguar’s Claw Temple which displays significant decorated masks of over three meters of height by two in width, where the name of this pyramid, The Tiger, is taken.
Then we will visit the central Acropolis where the structure 313 shows five stages of the building as well as in its back we are going to find shreds of proof of the canals that the Mayas of these times were utilized to transport water.
Within this building, we can look for a carved panel with the design of twin brothers, Hunahpu and Ixbalanque, mystic creatures from the holy book of the Mayas, the Popol Vuh.
To conclude our Helicopter Adventure in El Mirador, we are going to visit the fantastic pyramid of “La Danta.”
- Departures: Daily
- Hotel Pick-Up: 7:45 am
- Estimated departure time: 8.30 am
- Flight time: 35 minutes
- Time on site: 5 hours
- Maximum passengers: 5 people
- Exceptional beautiful sights of the lake Peten Itza, the island of Flores, Tropical Rainforest, and El Mirador archaeological site.
- Landing at El Mirador Maya site
- Boxed lunch and purified water
- Round trip helicopter transportation
- Bilingual Tour Guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from your hotel (apply restrictions).
- Airport fee (US$.3.00 or Q.20.00)
- Other destinations not specified in the itinerary
What to Bring:
- Fresh Long pants and long sleeves shirt
- Cameras or phones for memories
- Shoes or hiking boots
- Hat or cap
- Mosquito repellent